Sunday, February 8, 2009

Punta Cana Princess Dominican Republic - Day 2

We woke around 8 A.M. on Monday morning to sunshine. I opened the patio doors leading to our balcony and felt the hot Caribbean sea air touch my skin, and heard the waves crashing on the beach not two hundred yards from our room. Folks were already gathering at the pool, so we made tracks to get ready and grab four lounge chairs. The pool area is popular, and you need to arrive early to get a chair, so remember that.....


We left our towels and books on some chairs and headed off to the Casabe Buffet for breakfast, which as I came to understand was always fantastic. I enjoyed every meal I had at the Punta Cana Princess.

At 11 a.m we had a little orientation meeting with the rep from our travel agent, who filled us in on the things we could do, and answered our questions, which was very helpful. Then of course...we went back to the Casabe for lunch....oh my....I gained about 20 pounds in a week....


We spent most of the afternoon at the pool, including doing some pool aerobics...well the women did, my buddy and I stayed glued to the chairs reading, girl watching and drinking banana mama's prepared by Nelson our pool bartender.

At some point in the day I bought a straw cowboy hat at one of the beach shops. We walked down the beautiful white sand beach to the 'flea market' which is a row of shops selling everything from cigars to t-shirts to jewelry to paintings to clothes to...well you name it....The folks at the flea market like to dicker a bit, so don't pay what they first tell you, they will come down in price.

For supper we tried the Rio Grande Tex Mex Steakhouse. It was very nice, but alas, I had been spoiled by the 'all you can eat buffet' so following our dinner at the steakhouse, we went to the buffet for "dessert"......I had spaghetti.....the others had dessert.....The restaurant is nice if you want to spend some time in a restaurant atmosphere and have a steak or something from their menu, it is perhaps a more romantic setting than the buffet.


After supper we strolled over to the lobby, checked emails and had a drink or two from the Oasis bar and listened to the music of the keyboard player.

It was a nice end to a beautiful, warm sunny day.

No comments:

Post a Comment